How you should contact a person for an Informational Interview request depends on the type of connection you have to the person, the type of contact information you have, the size of the company they work at, and your personal style and preference.
There are many ways to contact a person to request an informational interview. You can:
- Ask a mutual connection to make the appointment for you or to introduce you to the person.
- Give the list of the people you want to talk to everyone on your Contact Inventory List and ask if they can introduce you to anyone on your list.
- Use LinkedIn’s proprietary Inmail system.
- Contact them using your personal email.
- Can telephone the person.
- Mail them a letter.
- Tweet them directly on Twitter.
To contact people, I recommend that you use a personal contact if you have one.
If you don’t have a personal connection, use email to contact people for n informational interview request.
Click here to read an article on how to Get Nearly Anyone’s Business Email Address For Free
What To Do When Someone Says Yes, No, Maybe Or Later To Your Request for an Informational Interview
5 Sample Requests for an Informational Interview