There are many ways to find qualified people who can give you the career advice and assistance you need. Here are my favorites strategies:
- The fastest, easiest and most effective strategy is to use the free Advanced People Search function on LinkedIn.com.
- Contact your school’s career services office to see if they have a directory of alumni that can be searched by type of jobs, industry, and employer.
- Make a list of people you know and the groups you belong to and ask people if they know anyone you could talk to. If you’re thinking, “I don’t have a network!”, click here to read this article.
- Attend association meetings for the professions and industries that appeal to you. Association members are often very supportive, and elected officers almost always have a large professional network and are typically extremely good at connecting people.
- Join and participate in relevant LinkedIn.com groups or blogs.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and workshops.
- Use Twitter to follow and build relationships with leaders in careers and industries that appeal to you.
Please share this to support your network's career success