Here are the best informational interview questions you can ask for more career assistance:
- Can you refer me to other people in your profession / company / department who could be of assistance, answer further questions, or give me a different perspective?
- What professional associations should I look into?
- Do you know anyone who has transitioned into this profession that I could talk to about their experience?
- What books / trade publications / industry journals / blogs do you recommend that I read to learn more?
- May I contact you again if I have another question?
- Who are the hiring managers that could use my skills and experience in this company? Who could I contact in those departments? If I wanted to talk with any of them in the future, would you be able to introduce me?
For 100 more best informational interview questions to ask, see the article Great Questions to Ask at an Informational Interview